Key marketing techniques and technologies:
- ISP: An Internet service provider (ISP) is an organization that provides services for accessing and using the Internet.
- VPN: A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data.
- Personalization: Sometimes known as customization, consists of tailoring a service or a product to accommodate specific individuals, sometimes tied to groups or segments of individuals.
- Behavioral Targeting: Is the technologies and techniques which allow website publisher to track when a consumer visits a web site, the pages they visit, the amount of time they view each page, the links they click on, the searches they make, and the things that they interact with, allow sites to collect that data, and other factors, to create a 'profile' that links to that visitor's web browser. As a result, site publishers can use this data to create defined audience segments based upon visitors that have similar profiles.
- Remarketing - Remarketing lets you show ads to people who've visited your website or used your mobile app. When people leave your website without buying anything, for example, remarketing helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads across their different devices.
- Adblocker - a piece of software designed to prevent advertisements from appearing on a web page.